The air-conditioning technicians are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing of air-conditioning equipment.
They can even do heating or refrigeration work, as they are trained to work on both heating and cooling unites, including motors, switches, pumps, wiring, thermostats and fan.
- The air-conditioning technicians install, inspect, maintain and repair air conditioner
- They ventilate equipment and controls making sure they operate efficiently and continuously.
- They perform regular maintenance work on cooling unites.
- They diagnose electrical and mechanical defects and malfunctions.
- They install replace, or repair equipment that has been damaged.
- They make adjustment and do calibrations of thermostatic controls.
- They install new-conditioning systems and equipment.
- They inspect and maintain refrigerators and ice-machines, and chilled water supply systems.
- They clean blowers and coils, check tensions of belts and motors.
- They make plant and designs of new air-conditioning systems including their installation and maintenance.
- Should be able to work in place where they are exposed to dust, fumes, noise, toxic materials & high voltage equipment.
- They should also be capable of working in confined & hot spaces like roofs, crawl ways & attics.
- They may also have to work in adverse weather and may be required to lift heavy objects, bend stoop, kneel or stand form long stretches of time.
- He Must at least have a high school diploma ,those who wont to do this job can got training from Vocational or technical schools.
- They make plans and designs if new air-conditioning systems including their installation & maintenance.
- They must have certification through programs approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- They should know the principles of air-conditioning unit repair and maintenance, including controls, MSDS sheets, safety practices and procedures and tools used.
They should be able to read interpret building regulations and cods implemented by city, state and federal government an agency pertaining to installing air-conditioning units.